Friday 6 September 2013

Lock it in place


Primers are a product I often thought were pointless and a waste of money. I would rather have spent money on a new lipstick or blush than on a product that was colourless and looked, in my opinon, like a gimmick. Over the past year I have tried and tested out a few different primers, but have never tried the famous Smashbox versions.

Smashbox have always been known for their primers. They have a selection of 10 to choose from so there is definitely something for everyone. I was given a sample of their photo finish primer recently and wanted to share my thoughts.

The photo finish primer is their best selling version. A pea-size amount is enough to cover my main oily areas, focusing mainly on my nose and chin. It has that silicone feel that may bother some people as I know it can cause irritations to the skin but that didn't happen me at all. I actually love the silicone texture, it feels like I'm applying cashmere to my face. It acts as a barrier between my skin and foundation, making the application a lot easier and long lasting.

I can see why Smashbox are renowned for their primers, as I can definitely see an improvement to my makeup when I use this.  

Smashbox is now available in Boots and online at Smashbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment