Tuesday 7 August 2012

Hourglass primer

When I first started makeup, primer is one of the products I thought I could miss out.  There was nothing special looking about  a clear gel, and being a typical teenager, if it didn't look cute, I didn't see it as a necessary purchase.  

How wrong was I? Primer is a crucial step when applying makeup, and I would never go a day without using it, now that I'm aware of the powers it posses.  

I've tried Benefit, Mac, urban decay and now Hourglass.  I heard about Hourglass from an American Youtuber, and although it was pricey I went ahead and purchased it.  

Hourglass veil Mineral Primer SPF 15 is a "mineral-based, water resistant primer with SPF 15 that neutralises the skin, minimises shine, and creates a smooth canvas."   One pump is usually enough to cover my entire face.  I usually concentrate on the t-zone as that is where gets oily first.  Its a white gel-like consistency, that sinks straight into the skin when applied.  The assistant at Space nk recommended applying it with a buffing brush but I don't think this is necessary.  I would say however, that you shouldn't apply more than one pump to the face as it can leave an ashy/white look to the skin which may appear apparent in flash photos.  




Was this a necessary purchase?

For me, I would say yes it was.  From the moment I have started using this primer my skin has looked better and my makeup has lasted a lot longer.  I have found that I don't need to powder my t-zone during the day, which I'm ecstatic about.  Hourglass isn't readily available throughout the UK.  The only stores I know that carry it are Space nk and liberty's of London.

No comments:

Post a Comment