Wednesday 7 August 2013

Summer skin - tried and tested bb creams and tinted moisturisers

As summer comes to a close and we look towards the cool autumn months, I've decided to share a few tinted moisturisers and bb creams that I have used on rotation during the warm summer months. 

I've tried and tested quite a few, each time swearing to myself that I wouldn't buy another, but of course that didn't happen. After testing 7,  I decided it was time to share my views.


Nars pure Radiant TM shade - Alaska £27 50ml

I bought this in the shade Alaska, as it was one of the lightest in the collection. Once applied I felt it oxidised on the skin and went at least one shade deeper. Apparently Nars are bringing out some more lighter shades later on this year. The coverage was sheer, and it felt tacky for at least 15 minutes after application. It only lasted 3-4 hours before I needed to top up. I wouldn't recommend this at all. 

Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream shade- light £12.50 15ml

 The newest edition to my sheer coverage collection, I decided to purchase this in the travel size to make sure I liked it before I committed to a full size bottle. I think it's a great idea that smashbox do travel sizes as it gives you the chance to try lots of different products. The coverage is similar to that of a light foundation. It lasted 6-7 hours before I needed to touch up. It didn't make my skin glow, and wasn't very moisturising either.

Jouer Matte Moisture Tint shade - Porcelain £29 50ml

I'm definitely not a fan of matte foundations, so I was resident to try, worrying that it would look drying and I wouldn't get the beautiful glow I get from all other tinted creams. How wrong was I? This stuff is fantastic. It lasts a full working day, with minimal touch ups around my t-zone. The colour is a perfect match for my skin when I have no tan on and it contains a tiny bit of shimmer that looks beautiful when applied. You get a huge amount for you money and the shade range is great. The only downside is they don't have a counter in Northern Ireland, so it's a gamble when purchasing.

Chantecaille Just Skin shade - Bliss £57 50g

If its good it's going to be expensive. I met this little beauty 3 years ago and have returned to space nk twice forking out the big bucks each time. A tiny amount goes a long way, it gives great coverage, for a tinted moisturiser covering all redness around the nose area and does a good job at hiding (not completely) my under eye circles. I guess the question most people will ask is, is it worth it? I'm gonna say yes. It's completely different from any TM iv ever tried, the coverage, lasting power and "glow" that I get is unlike any other and I really can't image not having this in my collection.

Dior Skin Nude BB Cream shade - 002 £25.50 30 ml

My favourite BB Cream of all, although the coverage is sheer, it completely evens out my skin tone leaving the most beautiful coverage to my face. Its completely fool proof, I apply this with my hands instead of a brush and I definitely prefer this. BB Creams are meant to be easy and fuss free so I think it's better to leave the brushes for the heavy duty stuff. Enhanced with mineralised floral water and a blend of antioxidants it perfects my skin while give it enough moisture and SPF 10 at the same time. I still need to use concealer under my eyes as I have quite prominent blue veins that need hidden. 

Dior Hydra Life BB Cream £41 50ml

This was definitely the biggest fail out of all the BB Creams I've tested. I like to set aside the fake tan when the sun comes out and get a natural tan instead, so of course, I start the summer quite pale meaning I need a light shade. This stuff turned my NC20/25 skin bright ORANGE. I literally applied a pea-sized amount all over my face and all the blending in the world wasn't making this any sheerer. This was a gift but I would definitely recommend testing this out in the shop before you purchase as its completely different to Dior Skin Nude.

L'oreal CC Cream anti-redness £8.99 30 ml

The only CC Cream I have ever tried. I see this as more of a primer, it didn't even out my skin tone, in fact there is no coverage at all with this cream. It's a gritty cream that doesn't moisturise the skin at all, it actually leaves the skin feeling oily once applied. It's definitely an unnecessary step in the morning. You would be better with a good moisturiser and concealer on any areas you needed covered.



No comments:

Post a Comment