Tuesday 11 December 2012

What's in my makeup bag?



I cant believe today is Blogmas day 12. This month is definitely flying in and it wont be long until Christmas is truly upon us.  Today I thought I would share with you what is currently in my makeup bag.  I'm always changing the blush and lip products I carry around but the face products have been firm favourites for a few months.  My makeup bag is Marc by Marc Jacobs, and I purchased it in the summer sales.



















Real Techniques Buffing brush




It applies foundation like a dream, making skin look and feel air brushed.  As the brush is quite small its easy to work into tricky areas like around the nose and eyes.  




Real Techniques Powder brush




This is the biggest brush I own.  What I love about it is that it picks up just the right amount of product in the centre of the brush. The outer bristles that don't have any powder on them help to work in the product on my face.  I mainly use this brush for apply bronzer to my cheeks and temples.




Hakuhodo Blush brush







This is the most expensive face brush I own.  I ordered it off their website in America and it took 5 days to arrive which I thought was really impressive.  It applies blush beautifully to the cheeks, collecting just the right amount of product per application.




Benefit Hoola Bronzer




I try different bronzers, but I always come back to this one.  Its the perfect shade of brown for me.  It doesn't contain any orange tones, and because its matte there isn't any shimmer either.  




Benefit Coralista Blush




I had been using Nars orgasm until recently, but when it ran out I decided to hunt through the shades I already own before I went out and purchased anymore,  I came across Coralista, I had bought this at least 3 years ago and never really used it that much.  Its actually very similar to Nars orgasm, I have definitely fallen back in love with Coralista.




Benefit Browzing




The perfect kit to fill in my brows.  It comes with a matte powder to fill in the brows and a wax to set the powder. The brush that comes with the little set is actually quite good.  




Maybelline the Falsies Mascara




This is a recent purchase so its too early to say whether its a winner but so far so good.  It has a curve brush that gets deep into the lashes.  




Maybelline Lumi Touch




The drug store answer to YSL touche eclat.  It luminates under the eyes perfectly and stays put all day.  It doesn't cling to any creases or lines - i love it.




Carmex moisture plus




Carmex is the only lip balm that doesnt't leave my lips chapped and dry.  When I spotted that it came in a sheer pink tint I was very excited.  I absolutely love this lip balm and the sheer tint it leaves on my lips.




Bobbi Brown corrector




I spotted this on some blogs recently, and thought it was a product I needed to try.  I have quite bad under eye bags and thought this might be able to correct the blueness I suffer from.  So far I do like it, but i need to make sure there is no other product under my eye.  The MUA used the BB eye cream with this and it just looked like a gloopy mess,  I need to apply my eye cream at least 20 minutes before any under eye product or it wont last.




L'Oreal Lipstick




My first red lipstick and I'm in complete love.  Its the perfect shade of red for me according to my FABB buddies, and I have to say I agree.  Post on this little beauty coming soon.




Apologies for the long post, hope you all managed to get to the end without falling asleep.  




Whats in your makeup bags?




les



















































































No comments:

Post a Comment