Tuesday 13 March 2012

YSL Glossy Lip Stain

I was so excited to get one of these fab lip stains at the weekend. There are 20 shades altogether. Some are really bright but thankfully there were a few lighter shades in the mix for the less daring makeup junkie.



I opted for shade #12 Corail Fauve. It's such a pretty spring/summer colour.

I love the idea of lip stains, and have tried so many in the past, but they have been such a let down due mainly to the formulation. A lot of lip stains come in a pen were you put the product on like a felt tip. What I hate about these is the fact that they last about a month before they dry up and can never be used again (hello Mac). Other issues have been that lipstains are very drying and therefore very unflattering. Of course, this can be overcome by religiously using a lip scrub such as the one from Lush, but that takes a lot of effort and I just don't have the time at 6am.


Sorry for deviating into a short rant, onto the product in question. What is so different about YSL is the formulation of this lip stain. It's a glossy stain with a tacky gel like consistency when first applied to the lips. It doesn't show up any cracks on the lips and actually looks like a gloss.



I was working 8 hours today and only reapplied this once and when I got home the stain was still visible on my lips.










One coat of lip stain







This product cost £22 and I am so happy with it. I really am converted, and can't wait to try some of the other shades.

No comments:

Post a Comment